United States Kerry Blue Terrier Club
RESCUE FOSTER HOME AGREEMENT
Purpose of Fostering: To allow a Rescued dog to live in a home environment while awaiting permanent placement, permitting the Foster Family to fully evaluate the health, personality, and temperament. A home environment is not only a lot less stressful on the animal than a boarding facility but a lot less expensive for the club. The additional exposure the animal gets from being treated as “one of the family” allows better evaluation of the individual dog’s suitability for permanent placement.
USKBTC Rescue considers Foster Families to be essential to the welfare and proper placement of our Rescued dogs and wishes the experience to be enjoyable and free from misunderstandings.
- The person(s) agreeing to foster the animal will follow all relevant procedures and guidelines in the USKBTC rescue policy regarding the animal described below, and will make no decisions or actions regarding the animal’s veterinary care (including euthanasia) or placement without prior approval from a Rescue Coordinator.
- The Foster Family will be reimbursed from the USKBTC Rescue Fund for the following foster-related expenses resulting from the care of the animal:
- Any shelter or boarding fees, initial veterinary examination, blood and fecal tests per current USKBTC Rescue policy, and necessary vaccinations, spaying/neutering, and any other previously approved veterinary care, testing or treatment
- Good quality dog food (up to a maximum of 20 lbs at a time) IF free coupons are not available through the Rescue coordinator
- Tattooing and/or microchipping (using Rescue supplies when available)
- leash and collar with identification (if not already supplied)
- Training classes or consultation, with prior approval, if necessary to evaluate a dog or increase its adoptability
- Any other reasonable and necessary expenditures not resulting from excessive carelessness, abuse or neglect on the part
of the Foster Family will be reimbursed with the approval of a Rescue coordinator. The Foster Family agrees to make every effort to keep expenses billed to the USKBTC Rescue as reasonable as possible, including requesting Rescue discounts and taking advantage of coupons and sales.
- The Foster Family shall provide the animal with humane care while the animal resides with the Foster Family.
- If the animal cannot be kept by the Foster Family, the Foster Family shall notify a Rescue Coordinator immediately, and arrange for its return to a USKBTC Rescue volunteer or designated representative.
- The Foster Family understands that the USKBTC and its representatives have limited information regarding the temperament and habits of the animal described below.
- The animal remains the property of the USKBTC and can be removed from the Foster Family by a Rescue coordinator or designee at any time and without prior notice.
- The Foster Family agrees to be courteous, helpful, and honest to potential adopters and to cooperate in accommodating those who wish to see the animal.
- In the event that the Foster Family wishes to permanently adopt the animal described below, an Adoption Contract must be signed and submitted along with the appropriate Rescue fees.
- The Foster Family agrees to pay the USKBTC any and all expenses, including court costs and reasonable attorney fees, in enforcing the terms and provisions of this agreement.
The UNDERSIGNED Foster Family hereby acknowledges having read the terms of this Agreement and does hereby agree to abide by each of the rules of fostering set forth above.
Signature of Foster Caregiver_____________________________________
Printed name and address of Foster Family
Phone Numbers: _________________________________________________
Information on the Dog (to be completed by a USKBTC Rescue coordinator)
Dog’s name ____________________________
Dog’s Age (known or approximate)_____________ Sex of dog ____________
Spayed or Neutered? _____________
Additional known information about the dog________________________________
Microchip or tatoo location and number ___________________________________
Last Updated: 11/22/2007, 10:44 am