Fireworks Survival Tips for Your Kerry
If your Kerry is bothered by loud noises, like fireworks, there are a variety of helpful hints that might calm his/her fears.
- Take your dog for a long walk in the late afternoon.
- Give your dog a good long play period to tire him/her out a bit.
- Feed your dog earlier in the day.
- Do not take your dog to a fireworks display.
- Leave your dog inside.
- Crate your dog.
- Leave the TV or radio on in the room with your dog. You want to try to muffle the sound of the fireworks.
- Always make sure your Kerry is properly tagged, microchipped or tatooed. Should they bolt and run, they will be properly identified.
- Give the dog some of his favorite toys.
- Some people use a product called Rescue Remedy or Serene-UM to calm the dog. However, you should always check with your vet, before giving your dog any medication.
Last Updated: 06/24/2004, 3:19 pm